Level 2 Strength and Conditioning Course.
Venue: Princess Royal Sports Complex, Wellington, Somerset. TA21 8NT
Assessment Day: Saturday 13 December 2014.
Cost: £370 including materials and access to online resources. To book contact Carly James and send a deposit of £100 here.
The deposit is non refundable. Once the full balance has been paid and your place confirmed a refund cannot be provided.
Is the L2CCSC for me?
If you have the Level 1 CCSC, or have a Sports Science/P.E. Degree and a Level 1 coaching certificate in another sport, then the L2CCSC is for you.
Ideal for P.E. Teachers, Personal Trainers, Fitness Instructors and Sports Coaches who wish to develop their existing knowledge about strength and conditioning coaching for sport.
For undergraduates, sports coaches and Personal Trainers without a sport coaching qualification, then the L1 CCSC is the best place to start.
Why should I study the L2CCSC?
It forms part of a structured and progressive programme of coaching and other related qualifications, offering you access and involvement in introducing others to coaching strength and conditioning for sport.
The L2CCSC is awarded by 1st4sport Qualifications. The L2CCSC is accredited at Level 2 on the National Qualifications Framework.
20 REPS points are awarded for this course.
What can I use the L2CCSC for?
Applicable to all sports, this qualification also provides a platform of principles and practices of coaching safe, ethical strength and conditioning activities to athletes of all ages. You can then plan and deliver monthly training programmes for your athletes.
This will enable candidates to seek employment as a strength and conditioning coach in a club, school or equivalent environments.
· As part of the development of a credible CV for employment in the sport and recreation industry.
· As a stepping-stone to the 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport.
"The course was amazing. It had just the right amount that was in the comfort zone and out the comfort zone. I found the speed/agility stuff very challenging but all very good stuff indeed. "
What will I learn?
Your learning programme will develop your understanding of:
- safe and ethical coaching in strength and conditioning
- the preparation involved to deliver strength and conditioning coaching activities including underpinning theory
- Plan, Do and Review of your coaching practice.
- Speed training theory and drills
- Effective use of Strength exercises in the weights room
- Power and plyometric theory and exercises
- Endurance training programmes.
"James, thank you for running a highly enjoyable and informative course.I particularly liked how the course focused on the whole coaching process, of plan, do and review. The feedback from yourself and Matt has been most beneficial in helping me develop all aspects of my coaching.
How will my learning programme be structured?
The learning programme will include the following phases:
- a pre course reading list
- an introduction to the qualification and your programme of learning and assessment
- an interactive delivery of lectures, videos, small workshops and practical sessions that meets your needs. These focus on the theory and practice of coaching strength and conditioning for sport
- a programme of assessment, spread throughout the course, including observations of your coaching by an appropriately qualified assessor.
At the end of the programme, you will be provided with formal feedback on your performance and an action plan for your further development.
'Loved the course and content James!...for the first time in ages I am actually looking forward to getting stuck into a course folder.' James
This course is run over 3 days with a further assessment day. The course will run from 0900 - 1630 each day.
On successful completion of the course you will then be invited to join the Excelsior CPD community which allows you access to the online resources and exclusive quarterly workshops.
What will my assessment involve?
The L2CCSC assessment will require you to:
- complete a series of assessed tasks covering all four units of the qualification
- complete observed practical assessment of your coaching skills, taken from the practical syllabus, and oral questions on aspects of your performance, underpinning knowledge, understanding and application
- To plan, deliver and review a series of 4 linked training sessions for 2 different aspects of conditioning. These will be delivered and witnessed independently and at your own place of work/ training.
- Sit a multiple choice written exam.
"A very insightful and valuable course - thanks James.For those thinking of developing their S&C knowledge this is a great course, delivered by a knowledgeable and engaging tutor.
To book contact Carly James and send a deposit of £100 here.
The deposit is non refundable.
Payment is required in full by Monday 13 April 2015.
Friday, October 24, 2014 - Sunday, October 26, 2014